City Removals Ltd is a family run company and we want to play an active part in ensuring our children inherit a better world.
For fifteen years, we have endeavoured to build a business based on our values. An ethical and sustainable business that meets and – where possible – leads the way by exceeding any applicable environmental requirements.
We constantly strive to do more and be more to ensure we all move responsibly.
And with our Green Policy, we do this in 3 ways:
- Reducing the use of excess packaging materials and reusing and recycling all materials in an environmentally sensitive way
- Educating and training office and removals staff about the need to reduce water and energy consumption; and be aware of noise and other impacts on the environment
- Maintaining a fleet of modern vans that are regularly serviced to ensure exhaust emissions meet limits set by the Department of Transport
- Picking transport routes (in the UK and Europe) that reduce and minimise road time
- Even encouraging staff to walk or cycle to work
- Encouraging customers to let our experts pack their belongings to minimise waste
- Where our customers choose to pack themselves, providing free environmentally conscious free Packing Guides to help them pack responsibly
- Offering all our customers the option of the disposal of any of their unwanted goods in an environmentally friendly way
- Selecting suppliers of packing materials and equipment that meet and – where possible – exceed environmental standards
- Partnering with brands like Big Yellow both because they provide exclusively discounted storage solutions to our clients, but also because they have clear environmental goals. You can read about Big Yellow’s award-winning CSR commitments here (http://corporate.bigyellow.co.uk/csr.aspx)